No Results Found
1. One whose chief interests are in what is to come; one who anxiously, eagerly, or confidently looks forward to the future; an expectant.
2. (Theol.) One who believes or maintains that the fulfillment of the prophecies of the Bible is to be in the future.
The noun has 2 senses
1. fantast, futurist -- someone who predicts the future
2. futurist -- a theologian who believes that the Scripture prophecies of the Apocalypse (as in the Book of Revelations) will be fulfilled in the future
The adjective has 1 senses
1. futuristic,futurist -- of or relating to futurism; "futurist art"